The pH scale can be from 0-14 and 7 is the neutral level. It is important to keep it balanced to avoid any health issues it might cause. Maintaining its balanced can make the body’s environment to function well. Always remember that when the body is too acidic, it is unhealthy. Why? Because when the body is acidic, it becomes an ideal environment where bacteria, yeast and other unwanted illness grow. Too much acid can make the body get the needed minerals from organs and bones such as calcium, potassium and sodium to neutralize the acid and remove it from the body.
Here are some of the signs of an irregular pH balance:
- Inflamed or sensitive gums, cavities
- Joint pain
- Aching muscles from lactic acid buildup
- Immune deficiency
- Sleepiness or Insomnia
- Confusion or Lack of concentration
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Cold Sores
- Muscular pain such as Stiff neck, sciatica, lumbago
- Osteoporosis, weak or brittle bones, hip fractures
- Respiratory problems
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Yeast overgrowth
- Premature aging of the skin
- Low energy and chronic fatigue
- Accelerated damage from free radicals
- Cardiovascular problems, including constriction or rigidity of the blood vessels
- Bladder and/or kidney infections
- Weight gain, obesity and diabetes
- Heart issues including arrhythmias or increased heart rate
How to Balance PH
The best way to balance pH in the body is to eat right. It is advisable to follow the 80/20 rule. It means you should aim to consume 80% whole foods and the remaining 20% should be the acid-forming foods.
Other ways to improve your alkalinity:
- Eat alkaline foods. There are a lot of vegetables and fruits that can help maintain pH levels. (Add link of Ultimate List of Alkaline Foods to maintain PH Balance).
- Quit eating processed foods. Including fast foods and packaged products.
- Consume healthy drinks. It is also good to add green juices or smoothies to your diet plan. (Add link of Alkaline Smoothies you can make at home) Try to eliminate or cut down your consumption of soda and coffee, instead drink plenty of water such as alkaline water. You can make alkaline water at home.
- Stop eating too much sugar and avoid artificial sweeteners. Instead, use coconut crystals or raw honey.
- Have a healthy lifestyle. Do exercise and quit smoking.
- Do check your pH levels on a regular basis.